GENERAL TIPS IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
Power is not only important for business: our lives depend on it.
Imagine having to live without heating, lights, television and internet connection. Imagine being unable to charge your phone, cook meals, keep your food refrigerated and take baths/showers. Power outages put our modern lifestyles in jeopardy, and with a more-unstable-than-ever climate, they happen more frequently and tend to last longer, disrupting lives and cutting people out of the world for days, sometimes weeks.
In these situations, a PRAMAC electric generator- be it a home standby or a portable one- can be a lifesaver.
If you are a residential user, to keep your life going without interruption, check out a few tips below.
BE PREPARED FOR THUNDERSTORMS
- Listen to the radio or watch TV for any warnings about bad weather.
- Avoid using electrical equipment and telephones. Use battery powered TVs and radios instead.
- Metal pipes conduct electricity. Do not take a bath, shower or use plumbing.
- Shutter windows if possible, close doors and keep away from windows.
- Unplug all appliances, including air conditioning, before the storm hits.
- If you are outside, take shelter, avoid high ground, high trees and metal buildings.
- If you are driving, try to safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle, turn on your emergency flashers and avoid touching metal surfaces.