Vice President, Europe Enterprise Sales (Energy & Utility Sector)
- CountryUNITED KINGDOM
- Functional areaSales
This is a newly created position in Europe (or UK) within a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative software company located in beautiful Denver, CO and Vancouver, BC. The position will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer & EVP of Sales for Enbala (a Generac Company). Enbala was recently acquired by Generac (HQ in Wisconsin) and will continue to operate as an independent business unit within the Generac family. Generac primarily operates under the Pramac brand in Europe and rest-of-world. A very well-respected company around the globe. This sales leader will have the ability to leverage global offices and resources.
The role is viewed as a strategic team member within the company to help accelerate international sales, develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy, and strengthen the overall sales presence in Europe. The VP, Enterprise Sales (Europe) will be responsible for all facets of the go-to-market strategy within the various countries. The VP Sales will identify the appropriate countries and/or markets to enter that represent the best opportunity(s) for Enbala and Generac/Pramac to win new growth accounts. This is considered a ‘hunting’ sales position with the opportunity to build a support team as the business grows and the financial business case supports additional investment. The ability to deliver compelling value propositions in the area of Virtual Power Plants, Distributed Energy Resource Management, Demand Response, Performance / Capacity Contracting, Wholesale Market Integration / Ancillary Services, and Energy Trading
Highlights include but not limited to the following:
- Develop sales strategy for Europe
- Understanding and documenting the most appropriate countries and accounts to target in 2021
- Assist with sales leadership of several accounts that are currently in the sales funnel
- Develop a go-to-market strategy that supports $5M in Revenue and $15M in contract backlog in a 24mth period
- Provide sales strategy leadership to the commercial operations team which assists in proposal generation and financial analysis of strategic deals
- On-the-Field Leadership, this role is viewed as the trusted advisor for the account and your supporting team members will look to you as the sales account leader.
- Ability to manage internal resources to meet demanding timelines
- Assist with proposal writing, executive summaries, financial modeling guidance and overall win themes during strategic pursuits
- Ability to develop new accounts / customers.
- Provide leadership during deal qualifications and deal reviews
- Deliver new top-line revenue and long-term financial backlog for the company
- Engage with potential clients early in the buying process to ensure we have the ability to influence project requirements prior to RFPs
- Provide industry leadership and increase Enbala’s overall industry visibility in Europe
- Build and manage $100M+ sales pipeline
- Lead quarterly business reviews
10-15+ years of Enterprise Sales Experience in the Utility and/or Energy Industry. Industry Experience is a Must. Software experience is very important. Having other IT/OT systems integration experience is a plus.
- The position requires a "hands-on" and at times with "non-traditional" working hours
- Mechanical\technical\analytical perspective and experience.
- Knowledge of utility industry practices and market trends is critical
- Strong listening, writing verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to easily persuade and influence others.
- Ability to deliver new revenue in new markets is critical – this is a strategic sales leadership position
Business, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, degree required.
Bachelor Degree from Accredited University
Masters Degree - Preferred
Work Location / Environment
Remote – Europe or UK
Travel is required and is based on the needs of client
Travel to US will be expected 1-2x per year (post Covid-10)
- Salary commensurate with industry experience and skills
Notes / Miscellaneous
A background in one of the following industry domains is preferred Demand Response, Distributed Energy Resource Management, Energy Trading, Risk Management, Direct Load Control, or Commercial & Industrial Load Management