GENERAL TIPS IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER CONDITIONS
Power is not only important for business: our lives depend on it.
Imagine having to live without heating, lights, television and internet connection. Imagine being unable to charge your phone, cook meals, keep your food refrigerated and take baths/showers. Power outages put our modern lifestyles in jeopardy, and with a more-unstable-than-ever climate, they happen more frequently and tend to last longer, disrupting lives and cutting people out of the world for days, sometimes weeks.
In these situations, a PRAMAC electric generator- be it a home standby or a portable one- can be a lifesaver.
If you are a residential user, to keep your life going without interruption, check out a few tips below.
WINTERIZE AND PROTECT YOUR HOME
- Install weather stripping.
- Have your heating system serviced at the beginning of each season to ensure it runs properly and have the filters changed.
- Move furniture away from vents.
- Add rock salt and sand to emergency kits to help melt ice on walkways.
- Install roof-heating cables to prevent ice dams on roofs and gutters.
- Insulate pipes.
- Place a cover over attic stairs.
- Insulate outlets with gasket covers.
- Invest in automatic home standby generators, such as those of Pramac that automatically provide power for heat and electricity when there is a power outage.
- As a leader in power equipment serving residential, light commercial, industrial and construction markets, Pramac's products are available through a broad network of subsidiaries, retailers, wholesalers and equipment rental companies.